First prepare the salmon.
4 pieces of skin-on salmon fillets (about 6 ounces per person)
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F with a rack placed in the middle. Line a roasting pan or baking sheet with foil.
2. Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel.
3. Drizzle some oil over the top of each salmon — just enough to coat the salmon — and rub it over the salmon with your fingers or a pastry brush. Sprinkle the salmon generously with salt and pepper.
4. Place the salmon in the roasting pan, skin-side down. Transfer to the oven.
5. Roast for 4 to 6 minutes per half-inch thickness of salmon. As a general guide 4 minutes per 1/2 inch thickness will give you salmon that is still pink in the middle, 6 minutes will cook it through.
6. Salmon is done when easily flaked: You can also check the doneness of your salmon with a fork. When the salmon flakes easily with a fork, it’s ready.
Serve with avocado chimichurri. Can be served immediately while warm or make in advance and serve it cool, both work well.
• ¾- 1 cup parsley, chopped (either will work, but flat leaf Italian parsley is best)
• ¾-1 cup cilantro, chopped (or you can use 1 cup of parsley and no cilantro if preferred)
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 shallot
• 1/4 tsp red pepper flake (optional)
• 3 – 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2- 3 Tbsp lemon juice (juice of ½ or full lemon)
• pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 small ripe avocado, cubed
Chopped the herbs and shallot and mince the garlic. Place in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients except the avocado. Pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped. Don’t over-process, it should be a little chunky still. Set aside. Add the cubed avocado before serving, stir to combine.