These overnight oats are a great option for those who don’t have time to make breakfast in the morning. With only 5 ingredients they take less than 5 minutes to prepare.
They are loaded with slow-release carbohydrates, cholesterol-lowering fibre and healthy fats from the almond butter.
(Gluten free (if use gluten free oats), dairy free, low or no added sugar)
In the Jar:
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) unsweetened vanilla (or plain) almond milk (can use any milk, dairy, soy etc)
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened almond butter
- Half a banana, sliced.
- 1/2 cup (45 g) rolled oats
- 1 tsp of honey (optional)
- Fresh berries, chunks of apples or 1/4 cup of dried fruit
- Toasted coconut, pumpkin seeds.
Place almond milk, almond butter and honey, if using, in a small bowl, mason or jam jar. Stir to combine. Add oats and press down so they are covered by the milk. Place lid on top or cover and place in fridge over night.
Make these your own – add any fruit inside the jar, add chia or flax seeds, use whatever milk you like. Experiment and enjoy!