Smashed Pumpkin Bars
These make for a great after-school (or work) snack. You can substitute the almond butter for sunflower or pumpkin seed butter to make these a school-safe treat.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or school-safe seed butter)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray an 8×8 inch baking pan with cooking spray or rub with coconut oil.
- Add pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond butter, almond milk and eggs to a mixer and mix until combined.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Sift in coconut flour, baking soda, salt and the remaining spices. Gently fold the dark chocolate chips into the batter. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean in the middle. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Let cool and then store in fridge to help bars set.
Yield: 12 bars.