Make these protein & veggie filled muffins in advance for a quick & easy breakfast on the go. Have one within 30 minutes of a strenuous workout to help muscle recovery.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 sweet onion, finely chopped
15 fine green beans
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
12 large eggs, whisked
Season with salt, pepper and a shake of turmeric
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
- Steam the green beans until just cooked, with a bit of crunch. Run under cold water and then dice. Set aside.
- Sauté onions in olive oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add peppers and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Shake some turmeric over the veggies while they cook (about ½ tsp).
- While onions/peppers are cooking, whisk eggs in large bowl.
- Once onions/peppers are cooked, remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Add onions, peppers and green beans to the eggs and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray muffin tin with olive oil non-stick cooking spray or use cupcake wrappers. Fill each muffin cup until 3/4 full.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove once the tops get high, fluffy and golden brown. Pop them out with a butter knife or thin spatula.
Enjoy right away or store in fridge in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.